21st Century Musical Healer Series--Javier Ramon Brito



Balancing Chakras and Doshas

I first encountered Javier Ramon Brito when he joined my LinkedIn group Musical Healers.  Metaphysician/sound healer/musician/music producer/energy healer all rolled into one person, Javier represents a modern renaissance healer.  A visit to his website (which I listed at the end of this interview) reveals a wide array of recordings, articles, services, and shared wisdom. 
When I first came up with the idea for the new Whole Music Experience feature Music-Sound-Healing, Javier came to mind.  I’m especially fascinated with his knowledge that correlates specific compositions or types of music to meridian and chakra systems in our bodies.  I had asked a question in Musical Healers (and not the first person to ask this question), “If Chopin's and Mozart’s music is so healing then why did the composer suffer from ill health?”  See Javier’s complete response to this question in this interview.  I also encourage you to sample Javier’s recordings on YouTube or on his website. 
Thank you, Javier for acting as my guinea pig for this new series.  I will feature one sound healer or music therapist each month, and eventually branch out to two features a month.
Whole Music: You have such an interesting array of healing modalities that you offer clients. Where did you get started? And what sparked your interest in working with sound healing with meridians in particular?  
Javier Ramon Brito: I started with metaphysics, which I have been studying since I was in my twenties. Later I studied Ayurveda, the chakras, the meridians and other vibrational healing techniques. Music and holistic healing are my passions, so it is just natural to combine and integrate my knowledge and passions in the form of healing music and sound healing. On the one hand, I love to touch people´s souls and hearts with music, because as Bach said, “The purpose of music should be the glory of God and the recreation of the human spirit.”  On the other hand, I resonate with the view of Pythagoras that music is not mere entertainment but also therapy for actuating the healing power that’s within us all. Perhaps that’s why Beethoven said that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. With this in mind, my idea of healing music goes beyond relaxation.



I want to contribute to heal bodily conditions with music and sounds. From a holistic point of view, you understand how spirit, mind, emotions and body interact. You realize that behind a bodily condition there is a meridian imbalance and behind that meridian imbalance there is a pattern of certain sustained emotions. To heal you need to change the vibration. And music and sound are perfect ways to do this in a pleasurable way. Sound healing is a vibrational technique that helps you tune the different chakras, meridian, organs and glands of your body to their natural frequencies. This is important because, as Deepak Chopra has observed, the body is held together by sound and the presence of disease indicates that some sounds have gone out of tune.

  
WME: You mention Ayurvedic healing on your website and you also do sound healing work with chakras.  Do you also create specific music for doshas such as calming a Vata dosha with music? 
JRB: My basic aim with regard to Ayurveda and music is to compose tridoshic music, which means music that is beneficial for all of the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). But along the way I have created music that is primarily beneficial for certain doshas. Generally speaking, my spiritual music albums "Peace" and "Gratitude" are both Vata pacifying and Pitta pacifying. My music album "Expression" is tridoshic. My album "Trust" is primarily Kapha pacifying. Among my new singles, "Freedom" and "Christmas Love" are tridoshic, "Phoenix Bird" and "The Geisha" are both Vata and Pitta pacifying, while "Pleasure" and "1st Chakra Dance" are Kapha pacifying.
WME: Do your clients come to you with a healing modality in mind, a specific area they want to heal in their life or do they come to you for a consultation to choose a modality among your diverse offering?  
It happens in all ways. Most of my customers have a specific area they want to heal in their lives. Among them some have already a preference for a healing modality and others come to me for a consultation to choose the best and more practical modality that resonates with them. I offer personalized services, always targeted to the specific needs and preferences of the person who is seeking my advice. What I have noticed lately is that there is an increasing preference for sound healing as people are becoming more aware of its benefits and potential.
Some of my customers are also practitioners of a certain holistic discipline like the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and discover that they can combine it with sound frequencies. Others want my healing music as background for their own guided meditations, videos or Spa treatments. The wonderful thing is that vibrational remedies can be combined, so someone who comes to me may get together a sound healing frequency, a Bach flower remedy, an Ayurvedic recipe and a healing song for their condition. And the healing song can be also transformed into a personalized subliminal recording if they wish, with positive affirmations targeted to the particular needs of the individual person.
WME: I notice that you have numerous therapeutic recordings available on your site, which ones do you find are the most popular with clients and customers? And have you noticed any healing trends happening in which sound healing is the go-to remedy? For instance you do sell a lot of CDs for a cluster of people with insomnia, and then later for a cluster of people with self-love issues?  
JRB: All my healing recordings are popular for one thing or the other. People use them for spiritual meditation or relaxed contemplation on a constant basis. For insomnia, my album "Peace" is very popular. To awaken higher feelings of gratitude and appreciation, my album "Gratitude" is the normal choice. My album "Expression" is popular among people who want to awaken and pamper their inner child to resolve self-love issues. My album "Trust" and my single "Pleasure" are the choice of people who want motivation or have already a good spiritual development but want to energize their lower chakras for balance. 
For diversity and change of routine they like my more exotic Asian style compositions, like "The Geisha", "Rising Sun" or "Fortune". For depression, my song "Cheerfulness" is the normal choice. For fatigue and exhaustion they like my "1st Chakra Dance", which is also popular among yoga practitioners and shamanic groups. On the other hand, my custom made subliminal mp3s are appreciated by people who need to heal self-love issues, abundance issues, discipline issues, or particular emotions. From time to time I notice certain healing trends, but it is difficult to draw a general conclusion, as all people have individual, personal, unique needs.
WME: What do you enjoy most about the work you do with sound?  
JRB: What I most enjoy is composing healing music. But it gives me also a great pleasure and satisfaction to discover and offer specific healing frequencies that people need. I like to touch the soul and heart of people. But I also enjoy helping them to heal their bodily conditions, or giving them advice on how to use their minds and emotions to attract the positive things they want in their lives. When someone tells me that they feel better or that they start to see results in their lives, it makes me happy.

WME: I remember asking a question once in my Musical Healers group about why famous composers suffered from health concerns and you mentioned a correlation between keys with classical music and certain body systems. For instance, you mentioned a connection between Chopin and one of the organ meridians (I forgot which one). Can you elaborate on how a specific key correlates with an organ?

  
Wikipedia
JRB: Yes. The point I made at that time was that the great classical composers did not die of any ailments associated with the systems, chakras or meridians their music was especially healing and good for. As an example, I mentioned that Chopin's music was and is very good for the glandular system (e.gr. his Nocturnes and his Etudes). He did not die of any ailments associated with the glandular system.

  
The musical scale in which a piece is composed can be related to the main note that governs a chakra or a meridian. For instance, in the generic scale of C, you may use music in the key of A (like Mozart’s Symphony No. 29 in A major) to stimulate the brow (sixth) chakra. It is simple. But other factors must be considered. Regardless of the individual tone or key, the timbre of the instruments and the rhythm of the composition play very important healing roles. 

For instance, flutes and other woodwind instruments are beneficial for the digestive system (The Magic Flute by Mozart is an example) and the solar plexus chakra. String instruments are beneficial for the heart chakra and the circulatory system. Acoustic guitars are good for the throat chakra. Drones (bagpipes, digeridoo, organ), Tibetan bowls and bells are beneficial for the brow and crown chakras. Brass instruments are beneficial for the second chakra. Drums are beneficial for the first chakra.

  
The rhythm style of the composition is also very relevant. Waltzes, pastorals and chamber music are beneficial for the digestive system. For the respiratory system, minuets (the popular form of court dance where the dancers move rhythmically, like a harmonious gentle breathing) are beneficial, as are also big band music and music from the romantic period like Handel’s Water Music.

  
Baroque music (Bach, Handel and Vivaldi) is beneficial for the heart and the circulatory system. Marches can also stimulate the heart. Nocturnes are beneficial for the glandular system (which is associated with the brow chakra), and are also good for hyperactivity and insomnia. Symphonies are beneficial for the nervous system. The impromptus of classical music are beneficial for the skeletal system and flexibility, as is also jazz improvisation.

  
It is easy to understand why African drums, Folk dances and Salsa rhythms wake up the muscles and invite the body to move. But you can also use symphony overtures and rhapsodies (like Liszt’s Hungarian Rhapsodies or Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue) to strengthen the muscles. Or Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony. By the same token, Reggae can calm the nerves, but you can also soothe and strengthen the nervous system with the healing power of Schubert’s music and Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony.

  
WME: Thanks for mentioning Indigo Children on your website. With this Indigo Age, where do you see the use of sound healing and music heading? (I consider myself an early Indigo and I must have music in my life to relieve stress and cleanse myself of the world around me). 
JRB: Indigo children are here to usher in a new era of peace, harmony and higher awareness-- one where there is no room for manipulation and one where authenticity, integrity and respect are the rule. Indigo children are sensitive and therefore need and appreciate music and sound in a special way. They are awakening people and bringing the collective awareness closer to the be healing power of music and to vibrational healing.



When Edgar Cayce referred to sound as the future of medicine he was probably thinking of Indigo children as the bridge to this new reality. We live now in a wonderful era where vibrational healing techniques and the healing power of sound are emerging and being sought by people who are awakening at a fast pace, where science is finally meeting spirit and where duality and dogmas are fading away. Crystal children will come next to make sure that the love of power is replaced by the power of love. And Crystal children's qualities as natural healers and channels for healing energy will probably make sure that vibrational healing and the power of music and sound become a standard in normal life.



Healing Music site: http://www.musicbrito.com
Holistic Healing site: http://www.personal-growth-can-be-fun.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peyote Songs & The Native American Church

The Practice--Treasure Hunt from the book Whole Music

Talking about Timbre